Customer retention which results in repetitive ordering and true customer loyalty, is the best way to achieve lasting business success. But, this is not as easy as it seems.
To overcome this hurdle, SMS marketing comes to the rescue, as it’s one of the most effective marketing tools that companies can use to retain customers. Companies can expand their business, by raising awareness of their products and services. This is done by alerting an already interested target audience about discounts, promotions, and offers through direct and hand-deld communication. The channel itself has many marketing benefits, and its high priority makes text messaging an especially great way to interact with customers. However, as with email marketing, customers must agree to receive text marketing messages and have an option to cancel the service (opt out of a simple “STOP” answer). After registering consent, text marketing can be used for: leveraging promising sales, advertising campaigns and competitions, sending exclusive invitations to events, announcing new products and services, sending useful content, the list goes on and on.
There are many methods to effectively use SMS as a marketing tool to grow your business and to effectively get a good ROI. Below, we have listed some of the top advices that can help you grow your business and achieve your goals through SMS marketing:
- Personalize your message. Try to make the SMS individual for the recipient, because it is much more pleasant to receive a text message from a company that addresses you by name.This will help your customer feel they’re being spoken to as a person and by a person, increasing the way they feel valued by your business. As your customers feel more considered by your brand, they will start to prefer purchasing from you over your competition.
- Segment your audience. Try to divide customers by interests so that they receive only those SMS which might interest them.
- Involve professional copywriters. One more rule that should be taken into consideration is when working with an SMS service most important to be in cooperation with professional copywriters when preparing messages. After all, it is a professional who will be able to concisely state everything that is required in a single sentence, will do everything possible to help the client promote his product or service to the masses.
- Send your SMS at the right time. As a rule, it is better to send messages during working hours, because receiving SMS during rest or, even worse, sleeping, can only worsen the client’s attitude towards your company.
- Avoid SMS overload. Not only won’t you get any results if you post too much, it will most likely generate negativity from customers. Nobody likes to be bombarded with spam, so 1-2 messages per week could be enough.
- Brevity is the soul of wit. Remember this when composing the text of the message for the campaign, because, as a rule, automated SMS marketing services put a limit of 160 characters. Put all the information you need in your list, but do it in such a way that you don’t end up with a footcloth that fits the entire phone screen. Brief, catchy and to the point – lean on this slogan.
- Use a call to action. As you can imagine, this is the main goal of the entire operation. Decide in advance what you want from the client – make a call, write a return SMS, go to the site. In order for the recipient of a message to become a customer, you need to nudge them, and do it wisely.
- Leave your contacts. If the client is interested in your offer, he must understand where and to whom he needs to contact in order to find out more.
This increased efficiency acquired from using SMS text messaging will help you to grow your business by decreasing the downtime and money lost through missed appointments. Following all the rules, you will be able to organize a competitive messaging campaign that will not turn into annoying spam and will not come off the wrong way to the customers you are trying to reach.
At the moment, SMS messaging services are still in great demand, it is difficult to imagine our phone without SMS notifications and notifications about promotions of your favorite store. SMS marketing cannot be written off, but it should be used as one of the channels of interaction with customers, combining it with others.
If you’re ready to start growing your business through SMS text messaging and want to ensure you have a cost effective solution which allows you to communicate directly with your customers, improve your relationships and generate more business, contact SixFive today. We are confident we can help your business to exceed your goals, and connect you more effectively with your customers than ever before.